Live the Dream at Southern.
If you’ve been thinking about escaping from the noise and hassle of the city to a place that’s welcoming and warm, the Southern community has everything you’ve wished for.
Just 20 minutes from Chattanooga, Collegedale is a peaceful, friendly town nestled in the hills of Southeastern Tennessee. And although it is small in size, you’ll never run out of things to do. With so much to do so close to home, from whitewater rafting down the Ocoee River to expanding your mind with adult education, or shopping the mall, you are sure to find plenty to fill your days. While most people only dream about living in a friendly, wholesome, small-town atmosphere, it can be your reality here near Southern.
8 Great Reasons to Live Near Southern
• The average daily maximum temperature here is 70.8°, so you can enjoy the beautiful outdoors year round. The thermometer stays above freezing 11 out of 12 months, with an average snowfall of only 4.3 inches per year.
• 37% of Collegedale residents hold a bachelor’s degree and 14% hold a graduate degree. There are ample opportunities for learning at Southern as well as at nearby Chattanooga State Technical Community College, Lee University in Cleveland, Cleveland State Community College and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
• Whatever your athletic passion, you’ll find plenty of places to indulge, whether it’s working out at the gym, jogging on the greenway or kayaking down a river. There is a state-of-the-art wellness center on the SAU campus as well as a climbing wall and cave.
• Easily accessible grocery stores, restaurants, medical offices and service providers have nearly everything you need to live the good life.
• In addition to the Erlanger Teaching Hospital associated with the University of Tennessee, there are 15 other hospitals in the Hamilton County area.
• Property and violent crime levels are lower here than Tennessee's average level. The Campus Safety Department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offers on-campus escorts after dark; assistance with vehicle jump starts and lockouts; and a central dispatch station to monitor fire, card entry, and intrusion alarms.
• When you need a shot of big city life, Chattanooga is an easy 20-minute drive.
•You can bike or walk to campus as well as nearby Ooltewah with its restaurants and shops.
Get the latest on the Collegedale Market
Powered byEMF HTML Form