Climb a Rock, Shoot the Rapids, Explore a Cave—Learn Why This is a Great Place to Call Home
No matter what kind of fun you enjoy, you’ll find an incredible number of places to play in southeastern Tennessee. With our temperate, year-round climate, there’s no reason to stay indoors unless you want to enjoy our cultural facilities as well. Read on to learn the many pleasurable ways you can spend time in and around Southern.
Places to Have Active Fun in Hamilton County
• Test your climbing skills on the Goliath Wall located on the SAU campus featuring more than 60 feet of vertical and 200 feet of horizontal climbing space.
• Go underground in the Student Park Cave, also known as Potato Cave, open to the public the first Saturday afternoon of every month.
• Enjoy more than 10 miles of hiking/mountain biking trails with meandering streams and abundant wildlife located on the Southern campus.
• Stroll the Wolftever Creek Greenway on Southern's campus which features more than four miles (round trip) of paved walkway along Wolftever Creek.
• Go whitewater rafting or kayaking down the Ocoee River.